Jakarta, Indonesia: New data reveals that 75 percent of Indonesian women have experienced vaginal discharge at least once, 50-60 percent of women in the world have experienced UTIs, and 80 percent of them have encountered possible re-exposure to UTIs. In an effort to help women maintain optimal feminine health, Andalan has launched a Feminine Care Intimate Wash.
“A woman’s intimate area health can change any time. Internal factors, such as hormone imbalance, puberty, menstrual cycles, pregnancy, giving birth, or even menopause; external factors, such as an unhealthy lifestyle or other bad habits; as well as environmental factors such as hot and humid weather can all affect feminine health,” says Aesthetic Gynaecologist,Dr. Dinda Derdameisya, Sp.OG
“Taking care of the intimate area is not an easy task. Using the wrong method can cause many reproductive health problems. Vaginal discharge, for example, is one of the symptoms of a problem in the female reproductive organs. Vaginal discharge, if not immediately and carefully treated, may also cause many problems or even a sexual transmitted infection,” Dr. Dinda adds.
To correctly maintain intimate hygiene, women should take the following steps:
- Always wash the intimate area with clean water.
- Change underwear at least twice a day if the intimate area is damp.
- Choose an underwear fabric with good air circulation that does not cause irritation.
- Use a suitable feminine hygiene product which contains prebiotics, natural components, and has a pH balance of 3.5-4.9, so it will be safe and able to provide intimate area health benefits.
Research carried out by Andalan Feminine Care found three main benefits of feminine hygiene care:
- Confidence: Feminine hygiene care can significantly boost women’s confidence. For example, cleaning the intimate area prior to a sexual intercourse can help reduce unpleasant odor.
- Happiness: It can improve happiness in women. For instance, cleaning the intimate area during menstruation may be helpful for women who experience a bad mood during that time, making life during the menstrual period feel easier.
- Control: Feminine hygiene care can lessen and control fear and anxiety because it will ensure that intimate hygiene is constantly taken care of.
Andalan Feminine Care Brand Manager, Maharani Anindita, stated that feminine hygiene care in Indonesia still faces many obstacles, such as a misconception that feminine hygiene care products can adversely affect the health of intimate area. Some women continue to believe that traditional methods are far more natural. Thus, they still boil betel leaves as a traditional feminine remedy, although the health benefits of these methods cannot be guaranteed. Oher women even do not feel the need or urge to maintain their intimate area health at all.
To respond to the need for an ideal feminine hygiene care product, Andalan is launching a series of Andalan Feminine Care Intimate Wash products. These products target active and modern women. They contain many natural components, which are specially formulated to improve intimate hygiene quality, such as:
- Prebiotics: Prebiotics like lactic acid, sodium lactate, and salicylic acid are effective in maintaining the growth of good bacteria (lactobacillus) and the pH balance of the intimate area. Thus, prebiotics is recommended for daily use.
- Natural Active Ingredients: The products contain natural ingredients, such as aloe vera, chamomile, betel, and milk extracts for gentle and safe protection.
- Clinically, Gynecologically, & Hypoallergenic Tested: The products have undergone clinical, gynecological, and hypoallergenic tests and are safe for sensitive skin.
- Certified Halal. These products are certified halal.
Andalan Feminine Care Intimate Wash officially launched three main variants, namely:
- Andalan Fresh Intimate Wash, for natural protection and all-day freshness, contains betel extract as a natural anti-bacterial.
- Andalan Revitalize Intimate Wash, to revitalize the skin of the intimate area, contains Aleppo oak extract.
- Andalan Natural White Intimate Wash, to brighten and recover the intimate area, contains white lily extract.
“Choosing healthcare products with natural ingredients is a consideration for the active and modern woman. Therefore, by launching Andalan Feminine Care, we hope to inspire Indonesian women to take a better care for their reproductive health by #beranialami (brave to be natural) and provide an option for feminine hygiene products which contain natural ingredients. So, the products can be ‘Andalan di Setiap Moment’ (Reliable at every moment) and provide natural freshness and comfort all day,” Maharani Anindita concluded.
The Excitement of Andalan Freshtival
To widely promote a healthy lifestyle, including feminine hygiene, to Indonesian women, Andalan Feminine Care started the “Andalan Freshtival” during Jakarta’s Car Free Day on Sunday (17/3). The thrill of the Andalan Freshtival was started by Pound Fit workout with Astri Dewi as the instructor, where more than 200 women joined the activity. Furthermore, the event continued with the High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) with Melissa Suryadi.
Andalan Freshtival visitors could also take part in a survey at the Moment of Truth booth. The survey aimed to find out how active the visitors were in sports and daily activity. The survey would determine the healthy lifestyle pattern of women residing in Jabodetabek, specifically their work-life balance. Meanwhile, in another booth, Reaction Challenge, the visitors measured their response speed in games.
Andalan Feminine Care Intimate Wash is now available at Guardian, Aeon, and online at Shopee.
 Wayan Mustika, et. al. in the Skala Husada Journal, Vol. II, 2014
 Sultan Qaboos University Medical Journey, 2013